Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Saturday, July 12

Candle in a Jar 6 X 6" oil


$85
I love thunderstorms! When I was setting up this stillife, a storm began whipping up outside. Short blackouts are common in my neck of the woods so I lit the candle in anticipation. I loved the glow of the candle on the wood table surface. This piece was completed last summer.
I don't know why, but I imagine opening the little box and smelling my Dad's aftershave. When I was 5 years old I used to watch him shave. I hoped secretly that he'd wait til I was grown and marry me. Watching my spouse shave the other day, just between you and me, I'm pretty glad that little girls do not marry their daddies.

No comments: