Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Wednesday, October 24

Laynie; a work in progress




oil on masonite panel , personal collection


This is one in a series of experimental child portraits. I plan to write an accrostic poem that typifies this intelligent and gentle spirited girl. The words will be painted in a vertical format along the left side of the painting. This is why you see so much open space there. Please be patient. I am working toward teacher certification at UMD and have little time to paint during the school year. Most of the commission work that I do is completed during the summer months.

2 comments:

theaburgerart said...

I came accross your blog today, love your paintings, I also love painting vintage china. Enjoy painting.

Austin Maloney said...

The red really stands out.