Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Tuesday, July 29

chessmen series in progress

Can you think of a good title for a series of chessmen that includes a rook, knoght, bishop, and pawn? I dunno..."Support Staff"? I'm trying to go for a red glass look. I usually work from life, but I can't find red glass chessmen, and I felt compelled. I had to study the way light falls on tinted glass and then imagine my chess-pieces made of that. I'm a few days from completing the set of four. The other three are about as far along as this one. My original purpose for the border was to make it look like the chessmen were in shadow boxes, or that the images were framed. I haven't decided which way to go but keep watching.

Please be sure and email me if you'd like to be entered in the painting giveaway drawing at right.

You may contact me at jandale@jandalefineart.com or call 313-581-1342

No comments: