Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Tuesday, July 22

Rescued

This is a little deviation from my usual fare, but I really have been wanting to share this for some time. I found this old rocking chair sitting out on the curb on trash day and rescued it. Then I stripped it down through six different colored layers of paint to the bare wood and gave it a new life. Now it sits proudly in my livingroom-studio and seems to be the first place visitors want to sit. Do you get the idea that I like checked patterns?

Now here's a close-up of the flowers I painted on the seat. I love turning trash into treasure!
P.S. Look to your right and enter this month's Giveaway!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What a talent you are! Wonderful work!

I wanted to thank you for your kind comment over at "my place". I'm always delighted to meet someone new, and your words were special to me, as coming from the youngest of 11!

Blessings to you,
Jenni

Jan Dale said...

Thank you Jenni,
I hope you'll consider me a friend. Email me anytime.
Blessings right back!
Jan
P.S. I hope you'll enter yourself for the giveaway painting.