Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Tuesday, August 26

Coffee Klutch 3"x3" oil on masonite panel $45


Morning is the sweetest time of the day. I so enjoy awakening to the chatter of busy birds. Once upon a time you could even hear the quiet rustle of wheat in the breeze. There are still a few places like that, but they're being steadily overcome by folks on exodus from city life. I don't blame them. There's much to recommend about living a tad bit closer to nature. I plan to do it myself one day. The unfortunate side effect is that the more folks move out to the country, the more like city it will become. Don't get me wrong. That does not obligate us to stay huddled together on our concrete oasis. I just think that when we do live on farmland, we ought to at least consider what affect our sojourn will have on the place. I just visited some friends who moved to an area that I personally remember as all corn and wheat. I passed it on the road time and time again as a child. They have been very careful to preserve the nature around them. They're growing their own produce and preserving it and they're encouraging the wildlife. I find that gratifying.

No comments: