Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Thursday, August 28

Light Show 3"x3" oil on masonite panel $45


The skies in Michigan go grey by the end of october and generally stay that way until the end of March. But Summer evenings here are often spectacular. Perhaps this is only perception. It could be that sun deprivation for a goodly part of the year produces in us an exaggerated sense of what is spectacular. If so, then it is a willing delusion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I quite agree. Growing up in Michigan's harsh winters precipitated a need to embrace the little glimpses of color and light....which is why I so appreciate you sense of its beauty. I too, realize God's eye for detail. Thank you for this latest rendering. PJ