Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Saturday, July 7

Bowl of Cherries




Daily painting #18 June 27
6" diameter oil on canvas on beveled wood
price: $135

My husband and I found a cherry orchard hidden deep in a hollow while we were driving a few summers ago. We can't find it now. It was about the most enchanting place I've ever been to. Dragonflies with gold lace wings flitted amongst the trees as we picked ripe juicy cherries for pennies a pound. We only happened on it because of the hand lettered corrugated cardboard signs meekly pointing in its general direction. If I ever find it again, I'll ask for permission to do some plein aire painting there.

No comments: