Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Saturday, July 7

Home Canned Plums

daily painting #5 created June 4
3.5 x 2.5" Oil on canvas
SOLD

I love the nostalgia of home canning. Fruit and vegetables seem to taste better when you know that someone prepared them out of love and not just to mass produce for bucks. My own 90yrs. plus Dad was still preserving his own elderberries until recently. Now my sister helps him pretend he is doing it himself. She is indeed a loving daughter. Maybe I'll pick some elderberries when I visit them down South later this summer and paint them all by themselves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH, Janny, you were so right to start oil painting! I believe this is your niche'1 I'm very proud to call myself your sister. God has surely given you oceans of talent. I love you. PJ

Jan Dale said...

Jan's reply
I thank you deeply!...for the encouragement and for taking care of Dad. I clearly understand the sacrifice.