Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Sunday, July 8

Grandpa George


aprx 14 x 11 Not For Sale completed May 30

Now that I have my daily works posted up to this point (though pitifully out of sequence) I will begin to post as often as I have a piece that is dry enough to scan. Soon, I hope to set up a site that features my larger works. Just for fun, here is a study I have done for a larger painting. It is of my Brother, George and his grand-daughter on the shore. I borrowed the photo several years ago and tried to do this same painting first in watercolor, then colored pencil, and then in acrylics. It just never seemed right. About three months ago, I began to experiment with oil paints. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I think I'm home. Since I had been graciously asked to return the photo, I only had the black and white blow-ups I copied for value study to work from. The final larger painting, (about half finished) will have a darker sky and a more sunlit shore.

No comments: