Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Wednesday, July 18

Baladi Grapes


daily painting #27
4 x 6" oil on canvas
SOLD

These grapes are painted actual size. Yes, they are this tiny.
A very special thanks to my grocers at Chase and Greenland Markets in Dearborn, Michigan for supplying me with the luscious fruits that have been the subjects for my most recent paintings. They carry an amazing variety of things not found at larger chains. When I got these teensy pearl-like grapes home, I asked one of my neighbors what "baladi" meant. What a delight for this old farmgirl when he told me it meant that the store bought them locally from someone growing the grapes in their own backyard. Baladi literally means home-grown. My neighbor pointed upward and, sure enough, there was a grape arbor over his carport. He invited me to have some when they ripen. How sweet!

No comments: