Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Wednesday, July 25

Peppermint Oil

daily painting #31
aprx. 2x3" oil on canvas
$85, $5 shipping

I love to cook. My husband loves to eat what I cook. Life is good. But there is one thing that absolutely sends him running for the fork drawer. That... is peppermint. I keep a bottle on of peppermint oil in the cupboard always. I put it in brownies and in any other thing that seems compatible with it. I get bored, but he never does. I've decided to play an April Fools-in-July trick. I plan to put a drop of the peppy flavoring on the bottom of the oven and turn the thing on for a few minutes....say..a half hour before he's due home. We have lately cut back on sweets, so treats taste especially goood when I do make them. When he sniffs the air and asks what I made, I will feign confusion. As I envision the crestfallen look on his face, I realize that I can't do it. It's just too cruel.

No comments: