Welcome to my daily painting blog.

I create one new small work every few days. Most are done from life and reflect pleasant childhood memories of Michigan's rural beauty.
Have fun!

Saturday, July 7

Candle in a Jar

daily painting #12 June 16
6 x 6" oil on canvas mounted on beveled wood
price: $135

This is my husband's favorite to date. Candles, next to God, may be the reason we still share a happy life after 25+ years together. He has been enormously supportive of and patient with my various artistic exploits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to knw what was/is in the box, but the glow of the candle drew me to this piece. It's extraordinary!

Jan Dale said...

I was drawn to the box long ago at a garage sale. It seemed a bit mysterious to me. I keep it out just for the ambiance. It contains nothing except a lingering sense of belonging because of the two bits my sister loaned me to get it. The candle is a simple votive in a half pint jelly jar. Sort of lends an aura of yesteryear, doesn't it?